Friday, June 24, 2011

Reality Check...

BIG THANK YOU, TO ABBY FOR MAKING MY BLOG LOOK AMAZING!! I HONESTLY CANT THANK HER ENOUGH.. THANKS ABBY :)
Welp, here we are at just 13wks & 1 day.. boy has it been a crazy week for me. In other words, a reality check.
I took this picture just a while ago.. there's some more bloat!! Hahaha.. I've become a HUGE fan of sun dresses.. My jeans don't fit the way I want them to, my shorts are useless.. So, dresses are the way to go right now.
So, you may be asking, where exactly is this "reality check"? Well, let me share this with you.. and if you are thinking about starting a family, good for you! & If you already have started--you will find this very humorous-I'm sure of it. (Please don't take this next part to heart-I am VERY thankful I get to experience this whole thing.. There are plenty of women out there that are unable to go thru this whole experience.. this is more of a selfish vent..)
Lucas & I knew we wanted to start a family soon after being married. Well, as you all know, that wasn't hard!! ;) I didn't realize all of the "stuff" that would come with being pregnant. You can read all the books, blogs & websites all you want, but you wont truley understand pregnancy, until you find out there is SOMETHING actually GROWING inside of you. <-- with that being said, your body will actually start to grow (duh, right?)... well this is where MY reality check comes in. My pants don't fit, my shorts don't fit.. So, Lucas & I decide to go Maternity clothes shopping, first stop--Motherhood Maternity. Very cool store.. Very overwhelming store.. We went, we shopped & I was so upset. NONE of the clothes fit me yet--They are just too big. I was just torn up.. (thanks hormones!!)..
My friend Brooke told me about the Maternity selection @Old Navy out in Turkey Creek-So, Lucas & I, again, made the trip out there. TALK ABOUT NUTS... The jeans there, looked very nice--boy did they turn me off! They looked HUGE. Well, I have just NOW came to realize, my body is getting bigger-ex:my BELLY. I refused to look anymore, and walked out, once again, upset.
My Mom & Dad came to town this weekend (YAY!) & they bought me some clothes from Kohls. It was VERY nice of them, they didn't have to do that. Well, the clothes they picked out for me where really nice--Just "big". <--too me they were big. So, we decided that we were going to take some of he clothes back & look together. My Mom then pointed out, that I am growing & I will be NEEDING bigger clothes. I refuse to think I will be wearing a large at the end of July. I became very overwhelmed & just shut down (like a 2yr old). I did find 2 pairs of shorts (maternity), a shirt (maternity) & a dress (JUNIORS DEPT!! -yaay-!!)!! It was a succesful yet stressful trip.
To think that I may be wearing a LARGE by the end of the summer makes me want to throw up. Me? In a LARGE? Seriously? Great.... NOT!!! Oh well, it's all apart of it. I called Brooke to talk to her about my "clothing" situation & she laughed. She's like, "..well, what did you expect, Liz?..." Hahaha.. She has a point, I mean how else is this child going to grow in my belly? I guess I didn't think about that.. Until just lastnight.. Boy, am I in for a roller coaster ride? AND GUESS WHAT---Y'ALL ARE GONNA READY ABOUT IT! ;)
I also haven't been sleeping very well. Between the storms, Jerrys barking (because he doesn't like thunder), going to the bathroom @2am (almost everynight).. it's hard to get back asleep! I guess it's getting me ready for baby too.. Pheeew.... Hahaha.. :)
I also had a bad run-in with a blog that I am 'with' (I guess you can say). I am on the bump (http://www.thebump.com/) There is a lot of women on there, going through similar things. Its fun to see what other people write/say. Well, I was very excited about my amazing FIND @a garage sale last weekend. {I found a slightly used Eddie Bauer edition infant carseat ($20!!). Brooke had told me what to look for if/when I found a used carseat. I did as she said & I thought I was coming out in the good-NOT.} I wrote a little thing on thebump telling everyone what I had found. Holy Crap-You would've thought I had killed my child. Those women tore me apart, telling me that I did a terrible thing, you should never put a child in a used carseat.. blah blah blah. I was like, WTF!? Cut me a BREAK here people! First time mom with CRAZY hormones, HELLO!!! Gosh.. I was so upset. *Prior to this amazing find* Lucas & I decided we were going to go ahead & buy a new carseat/stroller set-We already know what we want, we are just waiting a little bit longer to go buy it. <--did the women READ that part? NOOOOO! Of course not. Well, you would've thought I learned my lesson & not to ever post anything on there again. Of course, I didn't listen to myself. I found a really cute girl name (yes, we are finding out the sex of the baby.. Lucas gets to name the boy & I get to name the girl!) I got back on that website & typed my little heart away telling everyone our "Names". Holy Crap-AGAIN. They tore the names up like a dog going through the trash. They said some things that may not mean something to other people, but to me-it really put a damper on my day. Thats my childs name your bashing there witch! Lordy... I have learned my lesson.. I am going to just sit back & watch/read--NOT posting anymore on there.. Maaaan...
& that my friends.. has been my crazy emotional week (In a nut shell!)!! May seem a little dramatic to you, but to me-It was all that and then some!
On a lighter note.. I am very happy that my parents are in town *YAY*, We go out of town next weekend *YAY*, then I go back to the doctors for my 15week check up :) Yaay!! I can't wait to hear this babies heart beat again.. Seems like its been forever (2wks yesterday...)! Hahaha..
We should be getting our wedding pictures next week. I am so excited! I know Chantena (http://www.bubblesnpuddles.com/) does a great job! More then likely, we are going to have her take pictures of the baby :)

2 comments:

  1. Don't take to heart what other moms say on the internet....They're just putting you down to make themselves feel better. A load of BS if you ask me :) A 2011 eddie bauer carseat is an excellent find!!!! ( as long as they haven't recalled it and that's super easy to find out) Save where you can...formula and diapers don't come cheap...not to mention the college fund hehe...Enjoy the extra weight, this is the only time in your life where you can gain sixty ponds and still look adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY COW honey! You have had an emotional couple of weeks! I'm sorry! But listen to Mama T here! That blog is just a bunch of women that don't have to work and love to brow beat new moms to be! Don't listen to them when the 'bash' something you have bought or what you guys decide to name my Grandchild! I don't care if it's called Baby Freeman! It's perfect as long as you and Lucas love it so don't worry about what ANYBODY else says!
    I'm so glad you got to see your folks this past weekend! It's awesome that you were able to go look at some other clothes that you liked better! As far as the body image, I think ALL pregnant woman freak out about that! But that's ok too! Your hormones are all over the place right now and you have the absolute right to get upset over what others would consider "small stuff!" You just take care of YOU and baby and try to get more food into that tummy! I am so proud of you honey! And if you look up the specs on that Eddie Bauer car seat and it's not been recalled USE it!!! lol.......Yeah I know "they" say not to use a used car seat but seriously they are talking about one that years old!!!!! You and Lucas are doing an awesome job honey! Keep loving/supporting one another and everything will be fine! Just keep in mind, you will need to gain that weight for your baby to be nice and healthy but I know you! You will lose whatever you gain in no time cause that's just how determined you are! Healthy mommy, healthy baby! I bet Lucas will gain more weight than you anyway!!! lol....I love you honey! Can't wait to see you this weekend! Mama T

    ReplyDelete