Thursday, October 13, 2011

Slacker..

I know, I know.. I am REALLY slacking on this thing. I can't help it! Lol.. I get carried away doing something else... & then when I think about it Lucas is home & I don't want to see & blog all night while he is home--rather do it while he is off at work!! OH BTW--Only 11 more weeks to go :)
My new obsession is Pinterest. I honestly don't know how to describe it.. I'm just obsessed with it. I find all sorts of things I want to do w/the babys room, our living room.. Clothes I want.. Hair styles I want & pictures I would like to take/have taken. It's a bad obsession. B A D !
The baby is still growing. We start going to the Dr every 2 weeks :) When we went last week, everything looked/sounded good. I'm happy to report, that I DO NOT have Diabetes--I was worried bc it does run in the family!! Also at this last appt, Dr M measured my belly & got a "Fundal Height"--it's an estimated idea of how big the baby is. Well @27wks 6days I was measuring @ 27 1/2 cm! Usually you are either 2 cm -/+ of your week-So we are right on target!! :) I've gained a total of 17lbs so far, Which would explain the terrible upper back pain I've been having. I was so thankful Lucas & I went to go get a backbrace last week. It really helps when I sit at work (thats mainly when it hurts, or If I drive for a long distance..) When we go back next week, I am going to talk to the Dr about birthing options & things like that. I know FOR SURE this baby will be here THIS YEAR ((2011))!! :) :)
Speaking of baby. I believe I have a Kung Foo Panda growing in my belly. 'A' (reason for 'A' is bc no matter if it's a boy/girl, his/her name will begin with an 'A') kicks at the weirdest times, rolls around like its nobodys business. I hope this doesn't mean 'A' will be a handful--hahahaha... I guess we will find out in 11 wks, huh?!!
I'm so excited about the Baby Shower my Mom & Sister are having for us. It is really going to be a good time--It will be the same bunch that came to my Bridal Shower (work friends)!!! They are too good to me sometimes :) --BUT before the baby shower, we get to do our 3D/4D ultrasound. I am SO excited!!! I can't wait to see 'A' again!!! I wonder if he/she still has big lips.... LOL!! Lucas' Mom & Dad will be in town & staying w/us that entire weekend (which I dont mind!)!! I'm hoping we will be able to start/finish painting the room that weekend!!
Speaking of Baby Room.. WOW.. Lucas worked hard in there this past weekend. I can't believe how much stuff is in that little bedroom. It's crazy. Seriously, CRAZY. My goal was to get Delilah out of there & into the garage, but we now have no room in the garage! Haha.. It's very overwhelming when I write down how much we still need to do in such a short amount of time. We had to putty some/most of the bedroom walls. There were shelves in there from the old home owners & they put wall anchors into the wall for the shelves--Which we didn't know until Lucas yanked it out of the wall. O M G.. I've never seen anything like it.. there were 2 holes from that 1 shelf. I mean, fist size holes. So, Lucas went to Lowes & got some putty to fix it up. While we were at it, we putty'd some other holes & (from where the old home owners had stickers on the wall--when you took the stickers off, it peeled the paint-lovely, right?) we putty'd over that too. I am happy to report, there will be new flooring in the babys room :) My GMa has some left over laminate hardwood flooring from her trailer-and we are getting 110 square feet of it! I'm not too sure on how much is going to cover that room-but thats 110 sq ft we didn't have before. -It is a little bedroom, so hopefully we wont need THAT much more. :) :) My Mom & Dad are bringing us that when they come to town in 3 weeks!!! I can't wait!!!
Here is a picture of my belly.. I took it 2-3 days ago while I was at work (28wks 5days). When I got off work that day, Lucas & I went to ouor friends Brandi & Erics new condo. It is BEAUTIFUL!! I am so happy for them! I can't wait for them to get settled it! They are RIGHT ON THE LAKE! Its totally different then living downtown--although we had some great times down there... hahaha!! Brandi is also good at taking pictures (she took some of our engagement pics)!! I'm hoping she will take some of 'A' next spring/summer! :)
Have I mentioned how excited I am to shop on Black Friday? :) Why must you ask... Well 1-I love to shop, esp Christmas Shop... 2-I can buy BOTH boy/girl clothing (with it being Christmas season, they usually extend there re-turns)!!! Hahahahaha :) Ahhh, I can't wait!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Liz!!! Oh my gosh honey you look adorable in the 'baby" pic!!! So does my Grand baby!! Oh goodness it's getting really close huh??? lol.....Sounds like you and Lucas have been so busy!! Getting things out of the nursery is a big step!! And puttying the holes in the walls is good too!! Just a little sanding and they should be good to put paint on!!! I'm looking forward to helping you guys while we are there!
    I love reading about your week and the progress of Baby F!!!! Guess it's Baby A now huh?? lol.....Enjoy the time you have off honey!!! I love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete